Laura Sweeney founded LSS Art Advisory after a long-standing association with the academic, institutional and collecting aspects of the art world. In addition to the aesthetic and conceptual appeal of art underpinning Laura’s practice, her prior career in finance puts her in the unique position to present art as a complementary asset class in a sophisticated investment portfolio.
With clients ranging from new collectors to established patrons, LSS Art Advisory provides expertise in identifying, acquiring, curating, and managing contemporary art with a focus on navigating the complexities of the current art market.
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMoMA), Accessions Committees for Photography, Painting and Sculpture, and Media; Artists Circle Committee
- San Francisco Art Institute (SFAI), Trustee, 12 years; Vice Chair, 2 years; Chair, Finance and Academic Affairs Committees
- CCA Wattis Institute for Contemporary Arts (Wattis), Curator’s Circle
- LA County Museum of Art (LACMA), Art Here and Now (AHAN)
- LAX Art, Curator’s Council
- Artadia, Contemporary Council
INVESTMENT & PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- J.P. Morgan and Wells Fargo, Private Banking Divisions, Portfolio Manager, 15 years
- BA, Political Science, emphasis in Art History, University of California, Los Angeles
- Sorbonne, Paris, France, post-graduate studies in French Language, Art, and History
- MBA, Global Management, Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Sotheby’s Institute of Art, “Buying Art at Auction” and “Art as an Alternative Investment”